- Parks and Recreation Home
- Things To Do
- How Do I...
- Parks & Recreation Projects
- Iron Mountain Park Project
- Woodmont Natural Park Project
- Parks Project Map
- Master Plans & Reports
- Master Plans
- Site Plans
- Restoration & Management Plans
- Studies and Reports
- Tryon Creek Cove Trail Connection
- Parks Bond Investment
- Adult Community Center Rehabilitation
- Golf Course Renovation
- Iron Mountain Park Soft Trails Project
- Recreation and Aquatics Center
- Roehr Park Pathway Project
- Stevens Meadows Development Project
- Tennis Center Rehabilitation
- LOPR COVID-19 Update
Luscher Area Agricultural Space Plan
In 2013 the Parks and Recreation Department completed the Luscher Area Master Plan (LAMP). The LAMP is a community based vision for the properties that make up the area. The LAMP made many recommendations to implement the vision of the document. One topic that is new to Parks and Recreation on a national scale is agriculture on public park land. During the LAMP process agricultural uses were identified in the park. A particular recommendation came from this process which is to develop an Agricultural Space Plan (AG Plan). The AG Plan is intended to identify where agricultural uses will occur within the park as well as identify how to treat the interface space between different uses and agriculture.
April 2017 the Luscher Area Agricultural Plan was finalized. This plan is an approach to fulfilling the LAMP recommendations.
January 21, 2016 the draft AG Plan was available for community comment. Agriculture plans for public spaces are not a typical occurrence.
Please use the comment feature on Adobe Acrobat or send a detailed email to Bruce Powers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Luscher Area Agricultural Space Plan - 9.46 mb