- Parks and Recreation Home
- Things To Do
- Athletic Fields
- Dog Parks
- Friends Groups for Parks and Natural Areas
- Natural Areas
- Park Sites and Information
- Parks General Information
- Parks Maintenance
- Picnic Shelter Reservations
- Ranger Station
- Trails & Pathways
- Urban Wildlife
- Volunteer Stewardship
- How Do I...
- Parks & Recreation Projects
Winter Field Closure - Nov. 14 - Feb. 28 (only East Waluga and Hazelia are open during this time)
Field use reservations for City athletic fields are made through Parks & Recreation by application. Reservations may be made for scheduled youth organization seasonal use, games, sports contests, tournaments, camps, clinics and hourly rentals. To rent a field Liability Insurance Coverage must be provided in the amount of $2 million per Occurrence and $3 million Aggregate. Fields cannot be reserved less than 7 days in advance of the event. If a field is not permitted to an organization or group then use is first-come, first-served.
Apply for a field use permit (including rentals) and view field availability. You must create an account to use the program.
- All field rental applications, fees and insurance from groups other than non-local youth organizations are due at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled activity or the field permit will not be approved.
- To reserve (permit) fields for tournaments and camps, field use requests and fees are due at least 30 days in advance of the event. This is based on the amount of fields requested for the event. If the payment is not received at least 30 days in advance, the fields will be released back to the public.
Priority for field use:
- LOPR & City of Lake Oswego affiliated activities
- Recognized local youth sports organizations & LOSD programs
- Non-profit organizations and non-local youth organizations
- For-profit entities, private groups/clubs/individuals or rentals
Lights for Ball Fields
Lighted athletic field facilities are available with lighted hours, programmed by the Parks & Recreation Department and only with a reservation/permit. Facilities under the City's jurisdiction include East Waluga Park, George Rogers park, Hazelia Field at Luscher Farm and Westlake Park. Lights are not allowed past 10pm to conform with park hours.
Upcoming LOSD & City Rental Changes
Beginning January 1, 2023, the City of Lake Oswego and Lake Oswego School District will be dividing field and facility use responsibilities. The City and LOSD are revising their facility use agreements for each organization to be responsible for their own scheduling, renting, programming, and maintaining of facilities and fields. This change will allow both organizations to be responsible for all aspects of their facilities, as well as provide our user groups more efficient rental and scheduling process.
This change will be phased in to mitigate impacts to our customers:
- Starting October 1, 2022, LOSD indoor facilities typically scheduled through the City will be scheduled through LOSD directly.
- Starting January 1, 2023, LOSD outdoor (grass and turf) facilities typically scheduled through the City will be scheduled through LOSD.
- All City-owned fields and facilities will continue to be scheduled through the City.
For reservations or more information, contact:
City: Field & Facility Reservation Specialist Jean Ostrander, email@example.com
LOSD: Coordinator of Community Schools and Youth Sports Terrie Sheik, firstname.lastname@example.org