- Parks and Recreation Home
- Things To Do
- Athletic Fields
- Dog Parks
- Friends Groups for Parks and Natural Areas
- Natural Areas
- Park Sites and Information
- Parks General Information
- Parks Maintenance
- Picnic Shelter Reservations
- Ranger Station
- Trails & Pathways
- Urban Wildlife
- Volunteer Stewardship
- How Do I...
- Parks & Recreation Projects
All athletic fields (weather pending) are currently open (Elementary, Jr. High and City athletic fields)
To rent a field Liability Insurance Coverage must be provided in the amount of $2million/occurrence & $3million/aggregate.
Field Use Permit Process
Field use reservations (for city (parks), elementary and junior high school district fields) are made through Parks & Recreation by application. Reservations may be made for scheduled youth organization seasonal use, games, sports contests, tournaments, camps & clinics and hourly rentals. Practices are first-come, first-served for everyone. Fields cannot be reserved less than 7 days in advance of the event. If a field is not permitted to an organization or group then use is first-come, first-served.
Apply for a field use permit (including rentals) and view field availability. You must create an account to use the program.
- All field rental applications, fees and insurance from groups other than non-local youth organizations are due at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled activity or the field permit will not be approved.
- To reserve (permit) fields for tournaments and camps, field use fees are due at least 14 days in advance of the event. This is based on the amount of fields requested for the event. If the payment is not received at least 14 days in advance, the fields will be released back to the public.
Priority for field use:
- City activities on City fields with Schools second
- School activities on School fields with City second
- Community youth sports organizations
- Non-profit organizations and non-local youth organizations
- Private groups/clubs/individuals or rentals
Lights for Ball Fields
Lighted ball field facilities are available with lighted hours, programmed by the Parks & Recreation Department. Facilities under the City's jurisdiction include George Rogers park, East Waluga Park, Westlake Park, Hazelia Field at Luscher Farm, Lake Oswego Jr. High and Lakeridge Middle School. Lights are not allowed past 10pm to conform with park hours.
Upcoming LOSD & City Rental Changes
Beginning January 1, 2023, the City of Lake Oswego and Lake Oswego School District will be dividing field and facility use responsibilities. The City and LOSD are revising their facility use agreements for each organization to be responsible for their own scheduling, renting, programming, and maintaining of facilities and fields. This change will allow both organizations to be responsible for all aspects of their facilities, as well as provide our user groups more efficient rental and scheduling process.
This change will be phased in to mitigate impacts to our customers:
- Starting October 1, 2022, LOSD indoor facilities typically scheduled through the City will be scheduled through LOSD directly.
- Starting January 1, 2023, LOSD outdoor (grass and turf) facilities typically scheduled through the City will be scheduled through LOSD.
- All City-owned fields and facilities will continue to be scheduled through the City.
For reservations or more information, contact:
City: Field & Facility Reservation Specialist Jean Ostrander, firstname.lastname@example.org
LOSD: Director of Community Schools Sonya Willis, email@example.com