- Parks and Recreation Home
- Things To Do
- How Do I...
- Find a Parks & Recreation Job
- Get a Block Party Permit
- Get a Film Permit
- Get a Special Event Permit
- Make a Park Reservation (Picnic Shelters/Premier Parks)
- Photograph Commercially in a LO Park
- Receive Human Services
- Register for Classes
- Register for Sports Leagues
- Reserve Athletic Fields
- Scholarship Program
- Teach a Class and Submit a Proposal
- Tennis Seasonal Lottery
- View Documents
- View Fall Catalog
- View Forms & Permits
- Parks & Recreation Projects
Block Party Permit Application
As of June 30 we are issuing Block Party Event permits.
What is a Block Party?
A "Block Party" is a gathering organized by residents of the neighborhood abutting the street to be closed, for their enjoyment.
If the Block Party will close or restrict a public street, the street closure requirements are:
- Street is a residential/local roadway*;
- Preferably a non-through street*;
- Closure must be for entire block;
- Must use City-provided barricades to block streets.
- Street closure limited to daylight hours only, and starting no earlier than 8am and ending no later than 10pm;
* For clarification of acceptable block party locations, please contact Traffic Engineering or 503-635-0270.
Permit Application Requirements
A Block Party requires a permit issued by the City. Additional documents may also be required:
- Abutting Neighbors Consent (pdf below): When block party is held in closed or restricted street, consent of abutting neighbors needed;
- Map of affected roadway;
- Oregon Liquor Control Commission (OLCC) Permit: If alcohol use is planned for your Block Party, submit OLCC permits with your application. [The City of Lake Oswego (local government as stated on the application) will process the first portion and then contact you to take the City-approved application to OLCC];
- Temporary Restaurant License & Food Handler Certificate: For any food service establishment in the street, public right-of-way, and City facility.
After receipt of the Block Party Permit Application, you may be contacted by affected City departments if additional information is needed or to discuss the specific plans to accommodate the Block Party and its impact upon the public generally.
Submission of Application for Permit
An application can be completed and submitted through the online form (find under Related links). We are trying to go paperless so please use the online form. If you must go the paper application route then contact Jean Ostrander at email@example.com or 503-675-3901 to have an application sent to you.
Please submit the application at least two weeks prior to the event.