- Parks and Recreation Home
- Things To Do
- Classes & Activities
- Community Events
- Farmers' Market
- Foot Golf
- Go Hiking
- Kayak or SUP
- Parks & Rec. Rowing Info.
- Play Sports
- Play Tennis
- Row on the Willamette
- Teen Scene
- Visit Your Parks
- Volunteer Opportunities
- How Do I...
- Parks Bond Investment Outreach
Christmas Tree Lighting Festival
PFriday, Nov. 23, 2018
2018 marks the 54th year!
Bigelow Plaza (5th & A) & Millennium Plaza Park
The City of Lake Oswego and the Lake Oswego Chamber of Commerce invite you to join in a time-honored tradition as we ring in the holiday season. This extraordinary evening of cheer includes caroling, performances from local High School choirs and holiday tunes from Millennium Concert Band. Gather at the corner of 5th Street & A Avenue to see the lighting of the Bigelow Plaza Holiday Tree, then parade to Millennium Park for the lighting of the Millennium Tree. The festivities also include sweet treats at Millennium courtesy of Starbucks and a special guest from the North Pole delivered by our own Lake Oswego Fire Department.
Parking: Parking is available in the City Hall Parking lot (380 A Avenue) or in the public parking lot at Lake View Village (310 N State Street) and at the public parking lot at the Windward (130 A Avenue)
Schedule of Events:
- 5:30pm: Community meets at Bigelow Plaza on the corner of 5th & A Avenue (Safeway) for carols from Lakeridge & Lake Oswego High Schools and the lighting of the Bigelow Plaza Tree.
- Parade to Millennium Plaza Park
- 5:50pm (approximate): Lighting of the Millennium Tree. Visits with Santa begin.
- 5:55pm: Performance from Lakeridge High School Choir, "Company" and Lake Oswego High School "Windjammers".
- 6:20pm: Performance from Millennium Concert Band.