- Parks & Recreation Home
- Parks Plan 2040
- Things To Do
- How Do I...
- Parks & Recreation Projects
Parks & Recreation Inclement Weather Policy and Procedures
During inclement weather, weekday cancellation decisions regarding recreation classes and programs will be guided by the Lake Oswego Public School (LOSD) schedules.
- Cancellation of activities on weekends at LOSD facilities is determined by LOSD.
- Cancellation decisions for weekends at City facilities are on a case-by-case basis; notification will be posted here, and efforts will be made to contact all participants.
- If LOSD cancels school for the day, all activities are canceled for the day and evening.
- If LOSD schedules are 2 hours late, morning activities with start times prior to Noon are canceled. Evening classes (start times 4:00 p.m. or later) remain scheduled unless there is further notification. The status of evening classes will be determined by the Recreation Deputy Director by 1:00 p.m.
- Activity and facility decisions are made and delivered by 7 a.m. for morning start-time activities and by 1 p.m. for evening activities and events.
General Guidelines for Air Quality Decisions are based on DEQ State Restrictions:
- Green & Yellow: All outdoor activities are held with no restrictions.
- Orange: Activities may be held outdoors, with warnings to patrons regarding sensitivities to air quality given at each facility or activity.
- Bright Red: All outdoor activities go indoors if possible or are canceled.
- Purple & Dark Red: All activities canceled or go indoors if air quality is good indoors.
LO Parks & Recreation makes every effort to contact registered participants for canceled classes in advance. For the most current information, always check here or call 503-675-2549.
The synthetic turf fields (East Waluga & Hazelia) will close to all activity when the temperature reaches 95 degrees and above.
No portable BBQs without permits and no open flames allowed.