- Parks and Recreation Home
- Things To Do
- How Do I...
- Parks & Recreation Projects
- LOPR COVID-19 Update
Indoor Tennis Center
Please refer to https://www.ci.oswego.or.us/parksrec/lopr-covid-19-update for specific info regarding closures or adjusted operations due to COVID-19.
Tennis Center Status
The Tennis Center is open with restrictions.
Our hours are Mon-Wed 7am-8:30pm, Thurs: 7am - 10pm, Fri: 8am-10pm, Sat: 9am - 8pm, Sun: 7am - 8pm
We will make adjustments to these hours based on demand for courts and staff availability.
In order to comply with state protocol, there are some guidelines we all must follow:
- Effective Friday, July 24: due to the new statewide mandate, face coverings are required inside the Tennis Center for everyone older than 5. This includes during play.
- Stay home if you are sick! Please review the symptoms of COVID-19 before your reservation. Please take your temperature before coming to the Tennis Center, if possible.
- We are required to keep track of who is in the building and when they are here. Courts will only be available at times we have desk staff, and the card key machine is disabled.
- Plan to arrive a few minutes early to check in. We will require everyone in your group to check in, regardless of who made the reservation.
- Because of the small space, only one person or family will be allowed in the lobby at one time.
- We have a one-way traffic pattern through the building. Enter through the lobby, and exit through the side emergency doors. If you need to use the restroom after you are in the court area, exit through the side doors and return to the front door.
- Do not use any court without a reservation.
- The USTA has issued guidelines for safely playing tennis.
- We recommend singles play. If you play doubles, please maintain social distance and avoid incidental contact.
- Each player should use their own tennis balls and avoid touching others’ tennis balls. Marking the tennis balls is a good way to identify them.
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 503-635-5550.
Tennis Center Information
The Lake Oswego Indoor Tennis Center is a four-court facility open-year round to players of all ages and ability levels. The Tennis Center has been serving the community since 1974.
The Tennis Center is open to both Lake Oswego residents and non-residents. Courts are open every day of the year for hourly rental.
Throughout the year, Parks & Recreation offers tennis lessons for players of all abilities, ages three and up.
Other opportunities for play include Greater Portland City League and USTA league play. The Tennis Center is also the proud home of the only Special Olympics tennis program in the Pacific Northwest.
For more information or updates on the upcoming Tennis Center Remodel, please visit the Tennis Center Remodel page.
Tennis Center Hours - See above for our current hours due to COVID-19 restrictions
The Tennis Center is open for tennis play every day of the year, except during our annual maintenance closure. Courts are available from 6 a.m. - 10 p.m. daily, and reservations are required.
Office Hours - See above for our current hours due to COVID-19 restrictions
- September 1-May 31 - Mon-Wed 7am-8:30pm, Thurs: 7am - 10pm, Fri: 8am-10pm, Sat: 9am - 8pm, Sun: 7am - 8pm
- June-August - Monday-Thursday 9am-4pm, Friday 9am-noon
Rates, Reservations, Packages & Access
You can book a court up to 7 days in advance by calling Tennis Center to reserve at 503-635-5550.
Hourly Court Time
Court reservations are $22 per hour. We require payment at the time a reservation is made. We accept most credit cards. If you make a reservation in person, we also accept cash or check. Court reservations are typically one hour ($22), 90 minutes ($33), or two hours ($44).
Seasonal Tennis Reservations
Guaranteed court time may be purchased in advance for a particular day and time each week for 4.5 months at a time beginning September through May. The seasonal lottery takes place in July. A very limited number of seasonal reservations may be available after the lottery. For more information, contact the Tennis Center. The 2020 lottery is now open, and you can enter on the seasonal lottery page. The lottery will close on Friday, July 17 at noon, and the lottery will take place on Wednesday, July 22.
Access to Courts - Key fobs are currently disabled due to COVID-19 restrictions
During normal office hours and class hours, the door is unlocked. If you reserve a court outside of our normal office hours, you will need an electronic key fob to access the courts. Fobs are available for purchase at the Tennis Center for $10 per year, or $30 for four years.
There are various tennis leagues in the Lake Oswego area. Learn more about the Greater Portland City League, USTA Leagues, and World Team Tennis below.
The Lake Oswego Tennis Center, with sponsorship from the Greater Portland Tennis Council, provides the only Special Olympics tennis program in Oregon.
The Tennis Center provides activities to challenge every tennis player such as lessons, drill and play, leagues, and weekly ladders.
The Tennis Center provides a wonderful place for young people to learn about tennis and to become competent in the sport. There are opportunities to learn and engage in both competitive and noncompetitive play at any age and ability level.
LO Parks & Rec has three outdoor tennis court sites:
- 2 at Westlake Park (14164 Bunick Dr.)
- 1 at 1850 South Shore Blvd (next to South Shore Fire Dept.).
In addition, we have the Lake Oswego Indoor Tennis Center. Located at 2900 Diane Drive in Springbrook Park, the Tennis Center offers four indoor courts and is open year round for public use.
The National Tennis Rating Program (NTRP) uses rating categories from 0 to 7. The ratings help all tennis players enjoy the game by providing a method of classifying skill levels for more compatible matches, group lessons, league play, tournaments and other programs. The rating categories are generalizations about skill levels.
Indoor Tennis Center
2900 Diane DriveLake Oswego, OR 97035