- Parks and Recreation Home
- Things To Do
- How Do I...
- Athletic Fields
- Dog Parks and Off-Leash Areas
- Friends Groups for Parks and Natural Areas
- Natural Areas
- Park Sites and Information
- Parks General Information
- Parks Maintenance
- Picnic Shelter Reservations
- Plans & Projects
- Ranger Station
- Trails & Pathways
- Urban Wildlife
- Volunteer Stewardship
- Parks Bond Investment Outreach
Iron Mountain Park
Iron Mountain Park is an approximately 51-acre park located in the center of the City of Lake Oswego. Iron Mountain Park is larger than a local neighborhood park and integrates natural and developed features. The Iron Mountain Master Plan, Resolution 17-42 was adopted by the City Council July 18, 2017.
Eventually a park site will be designed, developed and restored to provide a place for the community to recreate and connect with nature.
The Iron Mountain Park planning process resulted in several deliverables to move forward with developing, restoring and managing the site. Some aspects of the plan and planning process were:
- Conceptual site design, featuring amenities consistent with Parks Plan 2025 recommendations and design guidelines for Citywide, Integrated Hybrid Character parks (App. K - PP2025).
- The public engagement program provided ample opportunities for the community to invest in the future concept of the site. Opportunities were both real time and online.
- A professional design team translated community input into a high quality professional park design that is uniquely Lake Oswego.
Additionally, the Department worked with highly qualified resource professionals to develop stream and wetland restoration plans. The plans addressed the degraded resources onsite and provided the City with a strategy to restore these resources and their function within our areas watershed. Aspects of this process were:
- Delineation of resources (Wetlands, Stream Corridors and Tree Groves) according to Department of State Lands and City of Lake Oswego requirements. (COMPLETED)
- Restoration plan for stream and wetland resources.
Past Meeting and Event Information
Past Public Outreach Events and Planning Advisory Meeting Information can be found on the Iron Mountain Park Planning Project Background website.
The following plans were reviewed as part of the background research and development phase. Policies, goals and recommendations from these adopted plans were integrated into the park plan.
Current Documents Associated with Planning Process
Parks Related Plans
- Parks Plan 2025 (2012)
- Iron Mountain Restoration Plan (2013)
- Iron Mountain Boulevard Park Master Plan (1984)
- Lake Oswego Open Space Plan (2001)
- Trails and Pathways Master Plan (2003)
- Trails and Pathways Master Plan - MAP (2003)
- Parks Integrated Pest Management (2015)
City Related Plans
- Citizen Involvement Guidelines for Lake Oswego (1990)
- Comprehensive Plan Part 1 (2013)
- Historic Resource Protection Plan (1989)
- Lake Oswego Urban & Community Forestry Plan (2007)
- Sustainability Action Plan for City Operations (2014)
- Transportation System Plan (2014)