LOPR COVID-19 UPDATE
DATE: Friday, May 29, 2020
News Update: LO Parks & Recreation Camps and Camp Support Services
Hello Lake Oswego Parks & Recreation Friends and Families,
We hope that you are healthy and safe, we have missed all of you but appreciate everyone following Governor Brown’s Stay Home, Save Lives directive during the COVID-19 public health crisis.
It is important to us that we share news regarding our camp and camp support services for summer 2020. As counties enter into baseline and Phase 1 of reopening based on the Governor’s safety guidelines, we are assessing our camp services to determine compliance. Last week, the Oregon Health Authority (OHA), in conjunction with the Governor’s office, released finalized guidelines for summer day camp operations during the COVID-19 crisis. Some of our camps and support services will be unavailable this summer due to restrictions required such as group size, physical distancing, personal protective equipment, and sanitation protocols. Our priority will always be the health and safety of our staff, participants, parents and volunteers. With that in mind, the following camps and services have been canceled due to COVID-19:
Summer Service Cancellations:
Inclusion Support Services; Due to the close contact nature of our Inclusion Support Services, we have made the challenging decision to suspend this service for Summer 2020 to remain in accordance with physical distancing guidelines. Please call Cydny Fletcher at 503-697-6589 if your child is currently registered for camp and requires inclusion support or if you have questions about your child’s needs during camp.
Jr. Camp Counselor Program; DELAYED. The application deadline for the JCC program has been extended to May 31 and applicants will be contacted in early June to schedule virtual interviews. Training for accepted students will resume in June and volunteers will be scheduled for camp shifts beginning July 6. Please contact Cydny Fletcher at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding schedules, interviews or safety protocols.
Summer Camp Cancellations: If you are currently registered for any of the camps below, our Parks & Recreation Registrar will be contacting you directly to discuss refunds and/or credits.
Kindercamp at George Rogers Park (all weeks)
Safety Town Camp; June 15-19
Missoula Children’s Theater Camp and Performances; June 22-27
Little Music Makers; July 13-17 and August 3-7
Toes & Tap Camp; June 22-26
A Camp of Pure Imagination; 6/26-7/2
Once Upon A Mystery; 7/6-7/10
Tardis Time Travels; 7/13-7/17
Remaining weeks will be put on hold and assessed in June
Animal Planet Art Camp; June 22-26
Meet the Artists Camp; July 6-10
Sculpy Sculpture; June 15-19
Handbuilding with Clay; June 15-19
Fun with Clay; July 13-17
Cartooning for Kids; July 20-24
Drawing for Teens; July 20-24
Teen Service Corps:
Week 1: June 23-25
Remaining weeks will be adjusted to reflect new volunteer projects and field trips that align with OHA guidelines.
Yoga For Kids; June 15-19
Lacrosse Camp for Boys; June 15-19
Lacrosse Camp for Girls; June 22-26
Tiny Tykes Soccer; June 29-July 2
SKYHAWKS SPORTS CAMPS; June 15-July 2
Please check www.Skyhawks.com for updated camp schedules
Please stay tuned for updates regarding summer camps programs being offered this summer!
LO Parks & Recreation Update
News Update: LO Parks & Recreation event and activity cancelations and park & facility closures and modifications due to COVID-19.
The following have reopened:
- Athletic Fields for individual, family and small groups. Organized games are not allowed per state guidelines. Camps and clinic permitted with approved field reservations and OHA COVID-19 guidelines.
- Dog Parks (CDC guidelines for pets are available here)
- Drinking Fountains
- Golf Course (safety modifications noted below)
- Off Leash Dog Areas at Pilkington Park (McNary remains closed due to construction)
- One restroom at George Rogers, Hazelia, Foothills, Millennium, Sundeleaf, East Waluga, West Waluga & Westlake
- Parking lots at Bryant Woods, East Waluga, Foothills, Freepons, George Rogers, Hazelia, Roehr, Rosemont/Brock, Stafford Trailhead, Tryon Cove, Westlake and West Waluga
- Quarry Bike Park
- Tennis Courts at South Shore & Westlake Park for singles play only.
The following remain closed due to Governor Brown's Executive Orders:
- Basketball Courts
- Indoor Facilities remain closed to the public, including Adult Community Center, CCP, Golf Course Clubhouse, Luscher Farmhouse & Tennis Center
The Tennis Center & Water Sports Center remain closed.
Pickleball courts at George Rogers remain closed due to renovation.
Parking lot at Luscher Farm is closed to non-community gardeners. No trailhead parking, please.
Food security programs, including Meals on Wheels and CSA operations continue.
We are committed to continue serving our community during this public health crisis, but we will continue to follow the guidance of health officials and the direction of State and City government. We recommend the following:
- Refrain from using parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms. (Feel Sick, Stay Home)
- Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to, during, and after use of parks or trails. (Wash Your Hands, Don’t Touch Your Face)
- While on trails, warn other users of your presence and as they pass, and step aside. (Give Other Users Respect and Space)
- Observe CDC’s minimum recommended physical distancing of 6 feet from other individuals at all times. If this is not possible, find an alternate location or find another space. (Move To Find Your Own Space)
The Lake Oswego Public Golf Course has reopened from 6:30am-9pm.
- Clubhouse: The clubhouse remains closed to the public. Access is limited to restroom use only at entry through the doors facing the parking lot. There is also a portable restroom behind the 7th Green.
- Tee Times: Customers are advised to reserve tee times online or call the Golf Front Desk at 503-636-8228. Credit card payments only. Payments accepted online, over the phone, or at the check-in station. Balls & accessories may be purchased at the check-in station also.
- Range: The range is open with adequate space allowed for physical distancing requirements. Tokens available for purchase at the check-in station or by using the card reader on the range ball machine. Only one spectator is allowed at each hitting station.
- Please continue to practice physical distancing of six feet or more at all times. View additional safety protocols.
Reservations for park facilities are not being taken at this time. For specific questions, please call 503-675-3901.
Large Summer Event Cancelations: Following Governor Brown's May 7, 2020 recommendation to cancel all large gatherings through September, the City made the challenging decision to cancel the following summer community events:
- Memorial Day Celebration, May 25
- Millennium Concert Band, July 3
- Star Spangled Parade & Celebration, July 4
- Independence Day Concert & Laser Light Show, July 4
- Summer Concerts, July 5-August 26
- Movies in the Park, July 23-August 5
- Howl at the Moon Adventure Run, August 1
For the latest information about additional City facility closures, please visit the City of Lake Oswego Novel Coronavirus webpage at
The City of Lake Oswego is here to serve you in this uncertain time, we’re in this together. #LOtogether
Other City services go to: https://www.ci.oswego.or.us/community/Novel-Coronavirus
For specific information, please contact the appropriate City department or visit their webpage:
Lake Oswego Parks & Recreation Dept: www.lakeoswego.city/parksrec(link is external) or 503-675-2549
Lake Oswego Public Library: www.lakeoswegolibrary.org(link is external) or 503-636-7628
Lake Oswego Adult Community Center: www.LOACC.info(link is external) or 503-635-3758
Lake Oswego Building Dept: www.lakeoswego.city/building(link is external) or 503-635-0390
Lake Oswego Planning Dept: www.lakeoswego.city/planning(link is external) or 503-635-0390
Lake Oswego Engineering Dept: www.lakeoswego.city/engineering(link is external) or 503-635-0270
Lake Oswego Public Works Dept: www.lakeoswego.city/publicworks(link is external) or 503-635-0280
Lake Oswego Fire Dept: www.lakeoswego.city/fire(link is external) or 503-635-0275
There is quite a bit of misinformation circulating, particularly on social media. Please help us dispel rumors by directing people to trustworthy sources of information:
U.S. and global updates:
Oregon Health Authority updates:
Lake Oswego School District updates, including the February 29 press conference:
Clackamas County Health Alerts
For specific medical questions, people should contact their medical care provider. If you are having a medical emergency, call 911.