- Parks and Recreation Home
- Things To Do
- How Do I...
Off-Leash Dog Areas
The City of Lake Oswego has designated Off-Leash Areas and a Dog Park.
An off-leash dog area or dog park provides a safe and enjoyable recreational experience to dog owners/handlers and their dogs while not impacting other park visitors or the environment.
Local dogs and their owners are invited to enjoy the designated off-leash dog areas (OLA) at the following parks:
- Pilkington Park, 19043 Pilkington - open area, no fencing.
- West Waluga Park, 15775 Waluga Drive - will be partially fenced in late spring 2018.
- McNary Park - open space, no fencing.
The City’s OLAs are open March 15 through September 15. Look for posted OLA rules at each location.
In addition to the three OLAs, local dogs and their owners can enjoy the Hazelia Dog Park.
Hazelia Dog Park
The Hazelia Dog Park, located at Hazelia Field at Luscher Farm, 17800 Stafford Road, is separated into two areas for our canine friends.
The northern most area is for timid and shy dogs. The larger area adjacent to the parking lot is for more outgoing dogs.
Hazelia Dog Park is open for play every day of the year from 6 a.m. - 10 p.m. daily.
Important Park Rules:
- All dogs must be kept on-leash except in areas designated by sign as “off-leash” and must be under control by owner/keeper at all times on all Park Property.
- Owners or keepers must promptly remove excrement or other solid waste deposited by the animal.
- All dogs on Park Property must be licensed and current in vaccinations.
- Dogs are not allowed on Athletic Fields unless authorized by the Parks & Rec Department Director.