- Parks & Recreation Home
- Parks Plan 2040
- Things To Do
- How Do I...
- Parks & Recreation Projects
- Recreation and Aquatics Center
- Golf Course Renovation
- Rassekh Park Development
- Rassekh Skatepark
- Local Share of the Metro Parks and Nature Bond
- Luscher Area Master Plan Implementation
- George Rogers Park Lower Picnic Shelter Replacement
- Master Plans & Reports
- Restoration & Management Plans
- Tryon Creek Cove Trail Connection
- System Plans
- Master Plans
- Site Plans
- Studies and Reports
- Parks Bond Investment
- Parks Project Map
- Bids & RFP Information
PARKS PLAN 2025
Project Background / Summary:
Lake Oswego Parks & Recreation completed Parks Plan 2025 (Parks, Recreation and Natural Areas System Plan) in 2012. This plan has served as the guiding document for the Parks & Recreation Department over the past decade, providing direction and strategies through the year 2025. The goals of Parks Plan 2025 are:
- Identifying priorities for investment in the City’s parks, facilities, recreation programs and natural areas.
- Providing an analysis of parks and recreation sites, facilities and conditions,
- Has policies to guide the delivery of parks, facilities, recreation services, and natural areas management/restoration,
- Defines levels of service,
- Provides a detailed implementation plan/strategy for the first five years, which will include funding strategies and alternate long-term funding
- Provides a framework for future Parks Planning documents such as the Natural Areas Maintenance Strategic Plan, Signage Master Plan and other park master plans.
- Assisted with developing park, recreation and natural area content for the City’s Comprehensive Plan.
Lake Oswego City Council adopted Parks Plan 2025 on July 31, 2012!
Parks Plan 2025 Related Documents
- Community Needs Assessment: This document will quantify the need for parks, natural areas and recreation facilities and will describe the need for recreation programs; describe how maintenance and management needs will be determined. The needs assessment is a background and companion document to the Parks, Recreation and Natural Areas System Plan.
- Existing Conditions Report: This Document confirms the existing inventory of parks, natural areas and programs. The existing conditions report is a background and companion document to the Parks, Recreation and Natural Areas System Plan.
- Public Input Summary: This document describes some of the key findings of the public involvement process. The public input summary is a background and companion document to the Parks, Recreation and Natural Areas System Plan.
Contact Bruce Powers at 503-697-6575 or email at email@example.com for more information.