- Parks and Recreation Home
- Things To Do
- How Do I...
- Athletic Fields
- Dog Parks and Off-Leash Areas
- Friends Groups for Parks and Natural Areas
- Natural Areas
- Park Sites and Information
- Parks General Information
- Parks Maintenance
- Picnic Shelter Reservations
- Plans & Projects
- Ranger Station
- Trails & Pathways
- Urban Wildlife
- Volunteer Stewardship
- Parks Bond Investment Outreach
Picnic Shelter Reservations
We currently are not taking reservations for Picnic Shelters through April 28. You may still make an online reservations for after April 28.
What picnic shelters may be rented?
- George Rogers Park #1 Picnic Shelter (Max. 50 people)
- George Rogers Park #2 Picnic Shelter (Max 75 people) - closed for construction March 1 - June 1 & tentatively through June so not taking reservations.
- Rossman Park Picnic Shelter (Max. 25 people)
- East Waluga Park Picnic Shelter (Max. 75 people)
- West Waluga Park Picnic Shelter (Max. 50 people)
- Westlake Park Picnic Shelter (Max. 50 people)
Instruction Guide - How to Rent a Picnic Shelter Online
When may picnic shelters be rented?
Picnic shelters may be rented for use between March 1 and October 31 of each year. Online reservations for 2020 are now open at loparks.org. Reservation Fee: For a 3 hour timeblock, $75/resident and $112.50/non-resident plus a $100 refundable deposit.
What times are available for reservations?
Your rental starts and ends promptly at the stated time. The hour between blocks is needed so the shelter can be serviced by Parks staff. Shelter set-up and clean-up must occur within reservation block times for a full refund of your deposit.
Morning block: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Afternoon block: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Evening block : 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Maximum of two contiguous blocks per day, per reservation.
Note: Two contiguous time blocks may be rented. The paper application must be submitted if doing so. (2020 application will be available mid-February)
How can I view picnic shelter availability from March 1 through September 30?
Go to: www.loparks.org. There is a merchant processing fee for online picnic shelter transactions.
Click on the Reservations tab at the top of the page.
Click on the FIRST View Facility Details button.
Filter the search by clicking on the arrow next to Location on the left side.
Click on the Shelter Name to view details about the shelter.
Click the view availability link of the Parks with picnic shelters you are interested in viewing. Time blocks that are available to rent will appear on the calendar.
Click on the book button to make a reservation.
Rentals for picnic shelter use may be made by going to www.loparks.org. Check availability first by following the instructions above, then apply, pay and get a permit by following the directions in the instruction guide - How To Rent A Picnic Shelter Online (see above).