- Parks and Recreation Home
- Things To Do
- How Do I...
- Parks & Recreation Projects
- Athletic Fields
- Dog Parks and Off-Leash Areas
- Friends Groups for Parks and Natural Areas
- Natural Areas
- Park Sites and Information
- Parks General Information
- Parks Maintenance
- Picnic Shelter Reservations
- Ranger Station
- Trails & Pathways
- Urban Wildlife
- Volunteer Stewardship
Picnic Shelter Reservations
Online Reservations for 2021 are open.
How to make a reservation?Rentals for picnic shelter use may be made by going to www.loparks.org. For instruction on how to reserve visit -
When may picnic shelters be rented?
Picnic shelters in 2021 may be rented for use between April 1 and October 31. Online reservations for 2021 can be made at loparks.org.
What picnic shelters may be rented?
- George Rogers Park Shelter #1 - up to 50
- George Rogers Park Shelter #2 - up to 75 - closed August 31-October 31, 2021 for construction.
- Rossman Park Shelter - up to 25
- Waluga East Shelter - up to 75
- Waluga West Shelter - up to 50
- Westlake Shelter - up to 50
What is the cost for renting a shelter?
Reservations are in 3-hour blocks. The cost per block is $75/resident and $112.50/non-resident plus a $100 refundable deposit. There is a merchant processing fee for online picnic shelter transactions.
What times are available for reservations?
- Morning block: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Afternoon block: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Evening block : 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
****Your rental starts and ends promptly at the stated time. The hour between blocks is needed so the shelter can be serviced. Shelter set-up and clean-up must occur within reservation block times for a full refund of your deposit.
How can I view picnic shelter availability from April 1 through October 31?
Go to: www.loparks.org. Click on "Reservations" on the menu bar. Click on the "FIRST View Facility Details" button.