- Parks and Recreation Home
- Things To Do
- How Do I...
- Parks & Recreation Projects
- Athletic Fields
- Dog Parks and Off-Leash Areas
- Friends Groups for Parks and Natural Areas
- Natural Areas
- Park Sites and Information
- Parks General Information
- Parks Maintenance
- Picnic Shelter Reservations
- Ranger Station
- Trails & Pathways
- Urban Wildlife
- Volunteer Stewardship
- LOPR COVID-19 Update
Picnic Shelter Reservations
Online Reservations for 2021 are now open
With the COVID Pandemic 2021 reservations will be approved for the date requested but may be cancelled or the reservation requirements may be altered based on Governors guidelines. Capacities for each shelter are based on the Risk Level that Clackamas County is currently in at time of reservation. You will be limited to this amount of attendees when you make a reservation. Capacities will be updated when the OHA guidelines allow.
Please refer to https://www.ci.oswego.or.us/parksrec/lopr-covid-19-update for specific info regarding closures or adjusted operations due to COVID-19.
All reservations are required to review, sign and return the City COVID Compliance Waiver (under attachments). The Waiver is included when you make a reservation online. Return to email@example.com
How to make a reservation?Rentals for picnic shelter use may be made by going to www.loparks.org. For instruction on how to reserve visit -
When may picnic shelters be rented?
Picnic shelters in 2021 may be rented for use between April 1 and October 31. Online reservations for 2021 can be made at loparks.org.
What picnic shelters may be rented?
Capacities for each shelter are based on current OHA guidelines. You will be limited to this amount of attendees when you make a reservation. Capacities will be updated when the OHA guidelines allow:
- George Rogers Park Shelter #1 (High Risk - 10; Moderate Risk - 15; Low Risk - 25)
- George Rogers Park Shelter #2 (High Risk - 15; Moderate Risk - 25; Low Risk - 40) - closed August 31-October 31, 2021 for construction.
- Rossman Park Shelter (High Risk - 5; Moderate Risk - 10; Low Risk - 15)
- Waluga East Shelter (High Risk - 15; Moderate Risk - 25; Low Risk - 40) - closed through at least June 15 for Bathroom Replacement Project
- Waluga West Shelter (High Risk - 10; Moderate Risk - 15; Low Risk - 25)
- Westlake Shelter (High Risk - 10; Moderate Risk - 15; Low Risk - 25)
What is the cost for renting a shelter?
Reservations are in 3-hour blocks. The cost per block is $75/resident and $112.50/non-resident plus a $100 refundable deposit. We will not take payment in the online reservation system or when you submit a paper application. Instead you will make a request for the date you want to reserve (the date will show as reserved to the public). Once we know we can hold the reservation (at least 30 days in advance) we will collect fees and send an approved permit.
What times are available for reservations?
- Morning block: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Afternoon block: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Evening block : 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
****Your rental starts and ends promptly at the stated time. The hour between blocks is needed so the shelter can be serviced. Shelter set-up and clean-up must occur within reservation block times for a full refund of your deposit.
How can I view picnic shelter availability from April 1 through October 31?
Go to: www.loparks.org. There is a merchant processing fee for online picnic shelter transactions (will not be charged at this time).