- Parks and Recreation Home
- Things To Do
- How Do I...
- Parks & Recreation Projects
- Iron Mountain Park Project
- Woodmont Natural Park Project
- Stevens Meadows Development Project
- Parks Project Map
- Master Plans & Reports
- Parks Bond Investment
- Adult Community Center Rehabilitation
- Golf Course Renovation
- Iron Mountain Park Soft Trails Project
- Recreation and Aquatics Center
- Roehr Park Pathway Project
- Tennis Center Rehabilitation
- LOPR COVID-19 Update
Tennis Center Rehabilitation
The Indoor Tennis Center will be remodeled to provide ADA accessibility, an improved entryway and parking, provide front desk space, develop new restroom facilities and provide adequate office space. The facility will see improvements that include a multi-use room and an enlarged viewing area for increased court visibility. The target date for construction to begin is in winter 2021 and construction is scheduled for nine to twelve months for the center reopening in late fall 2021 to winter 2022 (this is an estimate with more information forthcoming as received).
Current Status 10-2-2020:
- The design/planning stage is nearing completion and a decision on the Land Use approval is pending. An on-site sign has been posted.
- The design/planning documents have been returned to the architect for 100% construction documents.
- The 100% completed design and construction documents will initiate the process for project construction bids and the project schedule will be developed and submitted within the bid.
- The selected construction contract then goes to City Council for approval. When the contract has been approved, the construction will move forward per contractor's schedule.
- Closure for construction is presently estimated at 9-12 months due to site, structural and system work involved in the project The site will be closed to the public until all construction is completed due to safety and liability reasons. OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) has strict requirements applied to active construction sites. Also contractors will not allow the General Public into active construction sites per their insurance and bonding requirements.
Current tennis activities are scheduled through December and the Tennis Center will close to prepare for the remodel project in early 2021.
Please check back for updates on the project.
Bruce Powers, RLA
Park Analyst / Project Manager
Lake Oswego Parks & Recreation
17525 Stafford Road
P.O. Box 369
Lake Oswego, OR 97034