2020 Pavement Management Preventative Maintenance - Slurry Seal
Questions: 503-635-0261 or email@example.com
Crack and Slurry Seal Summer 2020
About 75 streets across the City will receive crack and slurry seal this summer (see green streets on map below updates). Crack and slurry seal is a preventative maintenance measure and helps extend the life of pavement.
Update – June 30, 2020
- The schedule mailed out in late June has shifted by one day. Slurry seal work is anticipated to begin on July 8. All dates mailed were shifted by one day. See updated schedule of streets/dates here.
View Updated Slurry Seal Schedule - PDF
Update – June 25, 2020
- Crack seal work began on June 22 and should be complete by July 3 (see June 18 update). Crack seal is in advance of the slurry seal that will happen in July.
- Slurry seal will close a street to all traffic – vehicles, bikes, and pedestrians – for one full day, so following instructions, street closure and no parking signs is critical to the work being successfully completed.
- A tentative schedule of the slurry seal dates is available. This schedule will be revised as we get closer and weather or other issues may affect plans.
- A mailing should be arriving in mailboxes with the tentative schedule and more information.
How you will notified about the slurry seal date on your street:
- Signage will be placed in the area about 7 days in advance of work.
- A door hanger with the exact date of work will be placed 2-3 days in advance at each residence that is dependent on the road to reach their home. Neighbors who have alternate routes may not receive a door hanger. The door hanger will have a specific date for work and other instructions. You will be notified again if weather causes the work to be postponed.
- No parking signs will go up on the street at least 24 hours in advance of the slurry seal work.
Update – June 18, 2020
- Beginning week of June 22 – Crack sealing of streets that will receive slurry seal is beginning - watch for "no parking" areas on one day in late June/early July. Flaggers will help you around the area, but vehicles must be off the street so crews can access pavement cracks that need to be sealed. This webpage will be updated next week with schedule (by streets) for the July slurry seal activity that will require a full road closure. Residents on those streets will receive a mailer soon and a door hanger 48-72 hours of the slurry seal date and specific instructions.
- On-street parking is prohibited in work zones. Watch for no parking signage. Crews need clear access to work areas for paving work. Cars may need to be towed out of work zones to avoid delays to work.
- Neighbors have access to their homes during the June 22-July 3 crack seal work. Flaggers will help move people around equipment.
- Slurry seal will happen on 75 streets beginning in early July and requires a full street closure to vehicles for one day per street. We are waiting on the confirmed schedule.
- Slurry seal beginning after July 6 – Requires entire street closure for one full day. The slurry seal must fully dry before vehicles, bicycles, or pedestrians use it. Neighbors will be notified in advance. (Planned to be completed in July, may extend into August due to weather or other delays)
View the street receiving crack and slurry seal (green lines on map):
Learn more about the slurry seal process: