- Planning Home
- Code Enforcement
- Development Review
- Long Range Planning
- Building Department
Historic Resources Preservation Incentive Grant Program
Grant Applications for Fiscal Year 2019-2020 are Now Being Accepted - Applications are due by 4:00 pm on or before May 31, 2019
The City of Lake Oswego is now accepting applications for historic resource rehabilitation grants for preservation and repair of historic buildings listed on the City’s Landmark Designation List (LDL). Qualifying projects can receive a grant that provides partial reimbursement of the cost to do the work.
Grant applications are available in Planning and Building Services or by using the link below. Applications must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. on or before Friday, May 31, 2019 and will be reviewed by the Historic Resources Advisory Board June 12, 2019. Funding is limited and grant awards will be based on the priorities below. Grants are considered taxable income and must be reported on your income tax return. The project must be completed with all paperwork submitted by June 1, 2020.
The following standards must be met to be eligible for the matching grant:
- The building must be on the City’s Landmark Designation List. Structures that are not on the list are not eligible.
- Funding is limited to exterior repair of the existing building and cannot be used solely for paint projects.
- Projects must meet the Secretary of Interior Standards for Rehabilitation and must be consistent with Lake Oswego Code, Chapter 58 (Historic Preservation).
- Grants are not awarded for materials already purchased or for work that is already in progress or completed.
- An applicant must provide proof of a matching contribution to pay for project costs.
For more details, please contact Paul Espe in the Planning and Building Services Department at (503) 697-6577 or by email.
To view the Grant Guidelines for 2019-2020, click here.
To view the Grant Application for 2019-2020, click here.