- Police Home
- Key Information
- Public Alerts
- Fingerprinting Services
- Hands Only CPR
- Job Listings
- Local Jails
- Municipal Court
- Police Agencies
- Useful Phone Numbers
- Victim and Other Resources
- Business Information Packet
- Press Releases
- Distracted Driving Law
- Lake Oswego K-9's to receive bullet proof vests
- Shop with a cop
- Lake Oswego Police Lieutenant Graduates FBI National Academy
- Lake Oswego Prescription Delivery Pilot Project
- Lake Oswego Woman Dies in Single-Vehicle Traffic Crash
- Police Seek Public's Help Identifying Hit and Run Suspect
- Power Washing and Chimney Repair Scammers in Lake Oswego and SW Portland
- LOPD Use of Force Policy and "8 Can't Wait"
- Contact Us
- Submit a Tip
- Lake Oswego Police Statement on the Death of George Floyd
Lake Oswego Police Department’s K9 Chase & Szemi to get body armor
Lake Oswego Police Department’s K9 Chase & Szemi will receive a bullet and stab protective vest thanks to a charitable donation from non-profit organization Vested Interest in K9s, Inc. and will be embroidered with the sentiment “In memory of K9 Rocco, Pittsburgh Bureau of Police”. Delivery is expected within eight to ten weeks.
Vested Interest in K9s, Inc. is a 501c (3) charity located in East Taunton, MA whose mission is to provide bullet and stab protective vests and other assistance to dogs of law enforcement and related agencies throughout the United States. The non-profit was established in 2009 to assist law enforcement agencies with this potentially lifesaving body armor for their four-legged K9 officers. Since its inception, Vested Interest in K9s, Inc. provided over 2,600 protective vests, in 50 states, through private and corporate donations, at a cost of over 2.1 million dollars.
The program is open to dogs actively employed in the U.S. with law enforcement or related agencies who are certified and at least 20 months of age. New K9 graduates, as well as K9s with expired vests, are eligible to participate.
The donation to provide one protective vest for a law enforcement K9 is $950.00. Each vest has a value between $1,744 – $2,283 and a five-year warranty, and an average weight of 4-5 lbs. There is an estimated 30,000 law enforcement K9s throughout the United States. For more information or to learn about volunteer opportunities, please call 508-824-6978. Vested Interest in K9s, Inc. provides information, lists events, and accepts tax-deductible donations of any denomination at www.vik9s.org or mailed to P.O. Box 9 East Taunton, MA 02718.