- Police Home
- Key Information
- Public Alerts
- Fingerprinting Services
- Hands Only CPR
- Job Listings
- Local Jails
- Municipal Court
- Police Agencies
- Useful Phone Numbers
- Victim and Other Resources
- Business Information Packet
- Press Releases
- Distracted Driving Law
- Shop with a cop
- Brutal Assault Suspect Charged
- Brutal Assault Suspect Described
- Chief Daniel K. Duncan Remembered
- Citizen Suspicious Behavior Reports Result In Arrests
- Deer Heads Suspect Charged
- Deer Heads Suspect Identified
- LOPD Joins Neighbors Public Safety Service
- Lake Oswego Man Charged with Attempting to Engage In a Sexual Relationship With a 17-year-old
- Lake Oswego Police Department Hires Behavioral Health Clinician
- Lake Oswego Police Lieutenant Graduates FBI National Academy
- Lake Oswego Police Seeking New Records Specialist
- Lake Oswego Prescription Delivery Pilot Project
- Lake Oswego Recognizes 911 Telecommunicators As First Responders
- Lake Oswego Woman Dies in Single-Vehicle Traffic Crash
- Making Your Home Less Attractive To Burglars And Thieves
- Man Arrested After Trying To Break Into Lake Oswego Home (follow-up)
- Man Arrested After Trying To Break Into Lake Oswego Home
- Message to the Community on the Derek Chauvin Verdict From the Police Chiefs of Clackamas County
- National Telecommunicator Week 2022
- Park Rules Violation Leads To Stolen Vehicle And Other Crimes
- Police Arrest Suspects Involved in Thefts From Vehicles
- Police Hold Bi-Annual Drug Take Back Event
- Police Seek Help Identifying Assault Suspect
- Police Seek Help Identifying Package Thieves
- Police Seek Help Locating Suspect in an Armed Robbery
- Police Seek Help Locating Suspect in an Armed Robbery in Mt. Park Area
- Police Seek Information About Hit and Run Crash
- Police Seek Public's Help Identifying Hit and Run Suspect
- Police To Conduct Pedestrian Safety Operation
- Portland Man Arrested After Breaking Into Lake Oswego Home
- Power Washing and Chimney Repair Scammers in Lake Oswego and SW Portland
- Reward Offered in Assault Investigation
- Roehr Park Shooting Suspect Arrested
- Two Deer Heads Found In Lake Oswego Neighborhood
- Two Suspects Arrested After Fleeing From Police In Stolen Vehicle
- LOPD Use of Force Policy and "8 Can't Wait"
- Contact Us
- Submit a Tip
Lake Oswego Police Seeking New Records Specialist
Lake Oswego - The Lake Oswego Police Department is seeking a full-time Police Records Specialist to join a team of committed professionals who strive to provide excellent customer service. This position is an excellent opportunity for candidates with first-rate clerical skills and experience with Police Records. The Police Records Specialist performs office tasks associated with the entry, retrieval, and maintenance of police records. The position is represented by the Lake Oswego Municipal Employees’ Association.
This position is full-time (40 hours a week) Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Classifies, sorts, indexes, and codes police reports.
- Creates, updates, and monitors numerous record-keeping systems related to the processing of information on criminal activity and individuals.
- Transcribes police reports, correspondence, and other law enforcement documents; enters police reports and warrant information into computer systems.
- Processes various computer checks for information.
- Assists and/or processes records release requests.
- Answers telephones, responds to inquiries and requests from other law enforcement agencies, attorneys, courts, and the general public.
- Maintains complex departmental filing system according to established regulations.
- Operates and maintains a metro law enforcement computer system.
- Maintains proper inventory of supplies, ordering necessary supplies through established department procedures.
- May perform standard bookkeeping or purchase processing tasks.
- Assists the public at the counter in the disbursement or release of routine accident and police reports.
Education and Experience: Qualified candidates must obtain Law Enforcement Data System (LEDS) Certification (within two months of hire date), demonstrate proficiency in the use of the Regional Joint Informational Network (RegJIN) system, In-Code computer system, and will also need to become familiar with various other computer programs. Additionally, qualified candidates will have a minimum of one year of office experience, preferably involving public and police operations contact; be able to type 60 WPM, be able to interpret, and follow detailed written and oral instructions; learn assigned tasks readily and follow prescribed routines; be able to write legibly and make simple arithmetical computations with a reasonable degree of accuracy; be able to establish and maintain satisfactory working relationships with other employees and the general public.
In addition, applicants must pass a thorough background investigation with no criminal convictions and pass a post-offer psychological screening. This position is subject to mandatory participation in electronic funds transfer (EFT) for payment of net wages (i.e., Direct Deposit or PayCard).
For a complete list of the essential duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required, and physical and mental demands please review the complete job description at www.lakeoswego.city.
Application Process: You may visit our website at www.lakeoswego.city/jobs to access the online application process. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed job application. The City application must be submitted to by:
5:00 P.M. Wednesday, March 16, 2022
The City is seeking a diverse pool of applicants that can bring a variety of skills, expertise, and life experience to our workplace, including those who may come from a non-traditional background. The City will consider any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, education, and experience that meets the minimum experience qualifications. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background and skill set for the role. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. If you need modification of the selection process in order to accommodate a disability, please make your request in writing at email@example.com and submit it before the application deadline.
Salary: $3,638.40 to $5,222.74 per month
**Important** I acknowledge and understand that in order to be considered for employment with the Lake Oswego Police Department, I must also complete and attach the supplemental questionnaire form called “Pre Employment Profile.”
Please complete the questionnaire (link below) and then attach the document to your online application. You must complete this step before you certify and submit your application.
You must roll back to step 1 of the application process, scroll down to Attachments and upload your completed Pre-Employment Profile form.
If you have questions regarding this step of the process, please feel free to call Human Resources at 503-534-4244.