- Police Home
- Key Information
- Public Alerts
- Fingerprinting Services
- Hands Only CPR
- Job Listings
- Local Jails
- Municipal Court
- Police Agencies
- Useful Phone Numbers
- Victim and Other Resources
- Business Information Packet
- Press Releases
- Distracted Driving Law
- Lake Oswego K-9's to receive bullet proof vests
- Shop with a cop
- Brutal Assault Suspect Charged
- Brutal Assault Suspect Described
- Chief Daniel K. Duncan Remembered
- Citizen Suspicious Behavior Reports Result In Arrests
- Deer Heads Suspect Charged
- Deer Heads Suspect Identified
- Lake Oswego Man Charged with Attempting to Engage In a Sexual Relationship With a 17-year-old
- Lake Oswego Police Department Hires Behavioral Health Clinician
- Lake Oswego Police Lieutenant Graduates FBI National Academy
- Lake Oswego Prescription Delivery Pilot Project
- Lake Oswego Recognizes 911 Telecommunicators As First Responders
- Lake Oswego Woman Dies in Single-Vehicle Traffic Crash
- Man Arrested After Trying To Break Into Lake Oswego Home (follow-up)
- Man Arrested After Trying To Break Into Lake Oswego Home
- Message to the Community on the Derek Chauvin Verdict From the Police Chiefs of Clackamas County
- Park Rules Violation Leads To Stolen Vehicle And Other Crimes
- Police Arrest Suspects Involved in Thefts From Vehicles
- Police Hold Bi-Annual Drug Take Back Event
- Police Seek Help Identifying Assault Suspect
- Police Seek Help Locating Suspect in an Armed Robbery
- Police Seek Help Locating Suspect in an Armed Robbery in Mt. Park Area
- Police Seek Information About Hit and Run Crash
- Police Seek Public's Help Identifying Hit and Run Suspect
- Police To Conduct Pedestrian Safety Operation
- Portland Man Arrested After Breaking Into Lake Oswego Home
- Power Washing and Chimney Repair Scammers in Lake Oswego and SW Portland
- Reward Offered in Assault Investigation
- Roehr Park Shooting Suspect Arrested
- Two Deer Heads Found In Lake Oswego Neighborhood
- Two Suspects Arrested After Fleeing From Police In Stolen Vehicle
- LOPD Use of Force Policy and "8 Can't Wait"
- Contact Us
- Submit a Tip
- Lake Oswego Police Statement on the Death of George Floyd
Man Arrested After Trying To Break Into Lake Oswego Home
LAKE OSWEGO – On Friday, September 3, 2021, at 5:13 p.m., officers were dispatched to the 500 block of Country Club Road in Lake Oswego, regarding an incident where a male was reportedly knocking on the caller’s door and not making sense. The caller reported the male was at her front and back doors and was saying random things.
After an officer arrived in the area, the caller reported the man was in her backyard and had tried to get into the house. She also told dispatch she had last seen the man about 10 minutes earlier. The officer located a male who matched the description that had been provided by the caller walking east on Country Club Road at Country Club Court. The man was cooperative and identified himself as Hector E. Mundt (DOB: 7/14/1982).
It was determined that Mr. Mundt had an outstanding warrant for failure to appear on a trespassing charge in Beaverton Municipal Court, and he was arrested and lodged at the Clackamas County Jail for that charge while the officer continued to investigate this incident.
During the investigation, the officer learned that Mr. Mundt had chased the caller into her back yard, through a closed gate, and tried to gain entry into the back door after the caller had closed and locked it. He then went back around to the front of the house and tried to open the front door before walking away.
After Mr. Mundt was lodged at the jail, we received a report that a burglary had occurred in the 1800 block of Country Club Road and some items were stolen. This investigation is continuing, but the two incidents appear to be connected.
Police are working with the Clackamas County District Attorney’s Office to determine what charges will be filed against Mr. Mundt.
Any media inquiries can be directed to Sergeant Tom Hamann at (503) 635-0238 or email@example.com.
500 Country Club RdLake Oswego, OR 97034