- Police Home
- Key Information
- Public Alerts
- Fingerprinting Services
- Hands Only CPR
- Job Listings
- Local Jails
- Municipal Court
- Police Agencies
- Useful Phone Numbers
- Victim and Other Resources
- Business Information Packet
- Press Releases
- Distracted Driving Law
- Lake Oswego K-9's to receive bullet proof vests
- Shop with a cop
- Lake Oswego Police Lieutenant Graduates FBI National Academy
- Lake Oswego Prescription Delivery Pilot Project
- Lake Oswego Woman Dies in Single-Vehicle Traffic Crash
- Police Seek Public's Help Identifying Hit and Run Suspect
- Power Washing and Chimney Repair Scammers in Lake Oswego and SW Portland
- LOPD Use of Force Policy and "8 Can't Wait"
- Contact Us
- Submit a Tip
- Lake Oswego Police Statement on the Death of George Floyd
Police Seek Public's Help Identifying Hit and Run Suspect
LAKE OSWEGO - On Tuesday, March 10, 2020, at approximately 5:12 P.M., an 11-year-old boy was struck by a vehicle while using the crosswalk on Boones Ferry Road at Kruse Way, in Lake Oswego. After striking the child, the driver slowed down and then sped away without stopping to check on the welfare of the child, who suffered minor bruising and scratches.
The child was crossing Kruse Way in the crosswalk at Boones Ferry Road, using the walk signal, when a brown Mini Clubman began to turn right onto westbound Kruse Way from southbound Boones Ferry Road. The child saw the vehicle was about to hit him, so he tried to jump out of the way. He was able to jump back far enough so that he was no longer directly in front of the vehicle, but his foot was run over and he ended up partially on the hood. Just before the vehicle struck him, the driver honked the horn and hit the brakes. The vehicle slowed down as the child managed to move himself away from it, but then it sped away westbound on Kruse Way. A witness called the police and rendered aid to the child until Lake Oswego Fire and Police personnel arrived. This witness also confirmed that the child, in fact, had the "Walk" signal when he started to cross the road in the crosswalk. The child's parents took him to a nearby urgent care where he was treated and released. The suspect vehicle was described as a newer dark brown 4-door Mini Clubman with a roof rack. Dashcam video of the vehicle leaving the scene was turned over to police.
Anyone with information as to the identification of the vehicle or driver is asked to call the Lake Oswego Police Department at (503) 635-0238.
Boones Ferry Rd at Kruse WayLake Oswego, OR 97035