Welcome to the Lake Oswego Sustainability Program
The City of Lake Oswego Sustainability program is dedicated to helping the City and its citizens create a healthy, active and clean community today and into the future. Along with the citizen-based Sustainability Advisory Board, the Sustainability program assists with the following goals and activities:
- Implementing the 2014 Update to the Sustainability Action Plan for City Operations
- Planning community events like Community Shred Day and Community Clean Up Day
- Administering the annual commute challenge
- Assisting residents with questions about waste, toxics, recycling, and other environmental needs
- Ensuring that sustainability is considered in City plans and policies
- Community outreach
- Working across City departments to create a healthy, productive and environmentally-conscious workplace
- Advocating for a sustainable Lake Oswego
I'd like to learn more and participate!
To learn more about sustainability in city operations, please feel free to review our Sustainability Action Plan for City Operations.
If you are interested in learning more about the Sustainability Advisory Board, the public is welcome to attend meetings the 3rd Monday of every month, from 6:30-8:30 pm in the Main Fire Station conference room. More information about the SAB, including information on our current vacancies, can be found on the Boards and Commissions page.