Community Clean Up Day, Saturday, June 20
Community Clean-Up Day returns Saturday, June 20, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. or until we have reached capacity.
Clean out your garage and closets and bring your unwanted items to the Reuse, Recycle and Dispose event at the West End Building parking lot. This event is brought to you by the joint efforts and partnership with Republic Services, Metro, Community Warehouse, Habitat for Humanity ReStore, Community Cycling Center, Tools for Troops, and the Sustainability Advisory Board.
Please note, drop offs are limited to Lake Oswego residents only. Please bring ID or proof of residency.
Look for details in the June issue of HelloLO to learn more about this event, or please call Jenny at 503-635-0291.
**Volunteers are needed! If you would like to volunteer to help with this event, please contact Jenny at 503-635-0291 or email@example.com.**
This event is free for Lake Oswego residents, courtesy of Community Clean Up vouchers from Metro. Please help ensure that this event runs smoothly and successfully by adhering to the following guidelines:
- Please respect the instructions of Police of event volunteers.
- There may be long lines as this is a popular event. Please follow all traffic guidelines and volunteer instructions with regard to drop off locations and permitted items.
- Please do not arrive after 1pm or after conclusion of the event.
- This event will run until 1pm or until all participating organizations have reached capacity for what they can accept. There is the possibility that you may be turned away once capacity has been reached.
- Please refer to the list below for assistance with disposing of your goods with our partner organizations throughout the year.
The table below provides links to our partner organizations that specify what items they are able to take at this event. What cannot be reused or recycled will be destroyed by Republic Services.
|Community Warehouse||Kitchenware, Furniture, Linens, Basic Household Items, Medical Equipment|
|Community Cycling Center||Bicycles|
|Tools 4 Troops||Hand or Power Tools, Safety Instructions, Product Manuals|
|Republic Services||Bulk Waste removal|
|Habitat ReStore||Kitchen and Laundry Appliances, Cabinets, Doors, Hardware, Furniture, Home Goods, HVAC, Lawn and Garden, Lighting and Electrical, Paint, Plumbing, Tools|
|Metro||Event sponsorship, recycling and waste oversight|
Year Round Bulk Waste Disposal
There are many opportunities to safely dispose of your bulk waste outside of this event. The links above in the Community Clean Up Donation Guide direct you to our event partners, which we recommend you contact for donations or pickups throughout the year. Further options include the following:
- Oregon residents may recycle up to 7 computers, monitors or TVs for free through Oregon e-cycles.
- In Lake Oswego, participating Oregon E-Cycles dropoff locations are at Far West Fibers (341 Foothills Road, 503-200-5411) and Goodwill Donation Express (401 S. State Street, 503-238-6100).
- Rigid plastics, plastic bags and other plastics that are not accepted in curbside recycling programs can be taken to Far West Fibers (341 Foothills Road, 503-200-5411).
- Hazardous waste can be disposed of safely through Metro.
- Metro has two facilities for hazardous waste: 2001 Washington Street, Oregon City and 6161 NW 61st Ave, Portland.
Refrigerators, Freezers and other Appliances with Freon
- Energy Trust of Oregon will pick up eligible appliances for free and offer a cash incentive of $20 or $40, based on the age of the unit.
- Non-working units can be picked up and disposed of by Republic Services for a fee.
Other Bulky Waste
- Please contact Republic Services (503-636-3011) to arrange a pick up.