Over 320 name entries were submitted as part of the Name the Sweeper Contest. After careful ranking, review and discussion a City team made up of Public Affairs and Public Works staff (plus a dictionary!) picked the top ten names based on their appropriateness, usability and suitability for a street sweeper and their important role in water quality. Now it is your turn to pick the name for our street sweeper. Voting closes end of day April 15.
Follow this link to vote: www.ci.oswego.or.us/publicworks/webforms/vote-name-street-sweeper
The top ten names to pick from are:
- LOBOS (Lake Oswego Beautifies Our Streets)
- Swifty the Super Sweeper
- BERT (Chimney Sweep from Mary Poppins)
- OSCAR (Oswego Sweeper CAR)
- LOPEZ (Lake Oswego Pollution Elimination Zephyr)
- ROOVIS (Rapid Oscillating Oswego Vehicle of Intense Sanitation)
- LOUIS (Lake Oswego’s Uniquely Incredible Sweeper)
- Norton (After Sewer Worker Ed Norton in the Honeymooners)
Winners of the Name the Sweeper and Coloring Contests will be announced in the May HelloLO and on the City website May 1.
The City received over 180 Coloring Contest Sheets. Contest sheets are on display at City facilities for the month of April (Preschool at the West End Building, K-2 at the Lake Oswego Library, grades 3-5 at City Hall.)
Thank you for your participation.