March 4 Downtown Events in Lake Oswego Conclude
LAKE OSWEGO – Today two groups gathered in downtown Lake Oswego, “March4Trump” and “Stand for LOve” both marched on State Street. March4Trump started in George Rogers Park and marched north on the east side of State Street. Stand for LOve started at Millennium Plaza Park and marched south on the west side of the street. Both groups mostly remained on the sidewalk on opposite sides of State Street. Traffic was backed up on State Street in both directions for several hours during the event.
Three arrests were made during the event:
- 24-year-old Zachary Pursley was arrested for Disorderly Conduct II and Interfering with a Peace Officer.
- 23-year-old Sonny Keithley was arrested for Assault IV, Disorderly Conduct II, and Interfering with a Peace Officer.
- 36-year-old Michael D. Smith was arrested for Resisting Arrest, Disorderly Conduct II, Criminal Mischief III, and Interfering with a Peace Officer.
All three individuals were lodged at the Clackamas County Jail.
One person was injured during the event who was evaluated at the scene and two others were transported with medical conditions.
The City of Lake Oswego and the Lake Oswego Police Department would like to thank the following agencies for their assistance in keeping participants safe during today's march.
- American Medical Response
- Tigard Police
- Oregon City Police
- West Linn Police
- Gresham Police
- Canby Police
- Hillsboro Police
- Tualatin Police
- Beaverton Police
- Portland Police
- Washington county Sheriff
- Clackamas County Sheriff
Lake Oswego Police Chief Don Johnson, stated “Today’s event went very well. We had hoped for the best, but planned for the worst. We appreciate the assistance of the above law enforcement partners in addition to the commitment of the organizers to keep this event peaceful.“
Published March 4, 2017