- Public Works Home
- About Us
- Backflow and Cross Connection Control
- Emergency Information
- Lake Oswego Tigard Water Partnership
- Lead and Drinking Water - Free test kits available
- Odd Tasting, Odorous, or Colored Water
- Utility Bill Information
- Water Audits
- Water Leaks
- Water Quality Reports
- Water Meters
- Water Pressure Test
- Water Treatment Plant
- Water Interactive Map
- Water Shut Off
Odd Tasting, Odorous, or Colored Water
If you are experiencing odd tasting, odorous, or colored water there are basically two causes that could be occurring:
- A problem with the City of Lake Oswego source water.
- An interaction of disinfection agents with a build-up of organic material in your home's plumbing system.
The City of Lake Oswego can come to your neighborhood and flush the main water line on your street. This will help clear the lines and introduce fresh water into your home. Please call the Maintenance (503) 635-0280 to request this procedure.
If you believe the source of your taste or odor issues is in your home's plumbing system or you would like to read more on this topic please click here.
If you are experiencing colored water in your home's plumbing system there are a variety of sources that could be causing this discoloration, please read more here.