Street Sweeper Naming Contest - 2020
City of Lake Oswego has a new Street Sweeper and it needs a name!
Public Works has a robust street sweeping program to prevent debris from entering stormwater systems and to ensure roadways are clear of debris. The City is required to sweep curbed and guttered streets numerous times each year as part of the Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit requirements from the Department of Environmental Quality. While curbed streets are the primary focus, streets without curbs are also part of the City’s sweeping program. Last year, the City street sweepers swept 4,015 miles of roadway and picked up nearly 1,952 cubic yards of debris.
Street sweepers in Lake Oswego do an important job to keep our waterways clean. Like Oscar, our important new vehicle needs a name!
How to Enter the Name the Sweeper Contest:
- Contest runs April 1st – April 30th
- Name must be submitted online through the City’s website
- Names will be judged on Creativity, Relevancy to Public Works, & Memorability
- A City Staff Committee will select the winner
- Winner will be announced at the May 19th City Council Meeting in honor of National Public Works Week
- All entries become the property of the City of Lake Oswego