- Public Works Home
- About Us
- Block Party Signs
- Leaf Disposal
- Local Street Reconstruction Program
- Pavement Management Program
- Pavement Repair & Maintenance
- Proposed Street Maintenance Fee Increase
- Winter Weather Alerts Page
- Winter Weather Events & Preparation
- Street Lights
- Street Sweeping
- Street Trees
- Traffic Signals and Signs
- Public Rights of Way & Management
Winter Weather Alerts
This page and our social media accounts share the latest up-to-date information on current winter weather alerts taking place in Lake Oswego. For more information on how the City prepares and responds to weather events, visit the Winter Weather Events and Preparation page.
Winter Weather Alerts and Advisories
⚠️Winter Weather Advisory as of 3:15 p.m. Wednesday, February 14, 2024:
Lake Oswego, the National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for the Portland metro area forecasting potential snow and wind from tonight 2/14 into tomorrow 2/15 evening. Forecasts can be uncertain, but it is always best to be prepared ahead of time.
Our small but mighty Public Works team is here for you. We are on stand-by to jump into 12-hour shifts if needed and we will be responding to conditions accordingly.
You can help us by being prepared too:
- ️Be ready for possible power outages and difficulty with travel.
- ️Get your emergency kit together for your home and vehicle with blankets, water, food, snow shovel, phone charger etc.
- ️Stay up-to-date with weather alerts & forecasts.
- ️Grab supplies to stay home for a few days if necessary.
- Make room for Public Works & emergency vehicles.
- Call 211 for warming centers.
- If you must travel, please drive with caution and be prepared for delays.
Stay safe and warm! For other helpful winter tips, FAQs and information on our plowing routes, visit https://www.ci.oswego.or.us/publicworks/winter-weather-events-preparation
For more helpful tips, visit our Winter Weather Events and Preparation page.
For general storm information, please contact our Public Information Office at 503-635-0257.
To report a downed tree or branches that are blocking the road, call Public Works on 503-635-0280
To report a downed power line contact PGE on 503-464-7777.