2020 Shred Day - Canceled
2020 Community Shred Day- Canceled
The City will be hosting Community Shred Day on April 18, 2020 at Yakima ( 4101 Kruse Way). The event will run from 9am-12pm. Please help us by not showing up for this event excessively early (before 8am) and creating traffic backups on surrounding streets. In fact, people who come after 10am usually never have to wait at all!
This event is sponsored by the Youth Leadership Council. They will be collecting voluntary $5 donations for Lines for Life. Please be kind to the youth who are at volunteering on a Saturday morning to assist you.
*This event is open to Lake Oswego residents, and those within the urban services boundary only. Volunteers will ask for ID and/or zip codes to confirm your residency.*
Please help us minimize traffic snarls and ensure that everyone gets the opportunity to shred their documents by following the mandatory guidelines:
- You may only bring 2 shopping bags (or 1 bankers box) of shredding. If you bring your shredding in a box, we will ask you to wait to take your box home with you as we do not have a way to dispose of it onsite. Same rule applies to any plastic bags.
- Follow all traffic rules and obey the instructions given to you by Lake Oswego Police. For safety reasons, no walk ups are allowed.
- You may not park your car and walk up with your bags of shredding, dump them on the ground, and walk away. This is a secure shredding event and we will not be held responsible for papers that are left for volunteers to attend to when they get the opportunity. This event is being held on private property, not City owned property, so any documents left on the ground will be recycled as part of the normal clean up process, but not securely shredded.
- Be patient. This event attracts a great number of people, can create traffic and long lines, and is limited by the speed at which the trucks can shred each bin. If you do not want to wait, then please take your shredding to the UPS Store or the Postal Annex, where they will happily shred your documents for you in a timely manner.
- We will not accept any documents and traffic will be directed away from the site promptly at noon. Please do not attempt to drop off documents or ask to "squeeze in one more bag".
- Do not bring your garbage! In recent years this has become a real problem. This is a paper only event- not an excuse to clean out the trash in your car.
We would like to thank Yakima for allowing us to host this event on their property.
Please direct any questions to Jenny Slepian at 503-635-0291 or firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail). Thank you in advance for helping us make this a positive and successful event.