Community Clean Up Day and Bulky Waste Disposal
2017 Community Clean Up Day- 9am-12pm June 3, 2017, River West Church 2000 Country Club Road
Community Clean Up Day has been scheduled for June 3, 2017 at River West Church at 2000 Country Club Road, Lake Oswego. This event is sponsored by the Youth Leadership Council, and FREE ESPRESSO AND SMOOTHIES will be available if you'd like to make a donation to raise money to attend the National League of Cities Conference in Washington DC next year! Pastries by Babica Hen will also be for sale!
- Organizations who have committed to attend include:
- Habitat ReStore
- Community Warehouse
- Republic Services
- Bike Farm
- Tools for Troops
- Portland Police Bureau Sunshine Division
- Green Century Electronics Recycling
This event is free for Lake Oswego residents, courtesy of Community Clean Up vouchers from Metro.
|Community Warehouse||Kitchenware, Furniture, Linens, Basic Household Items|
|Tools 4 Troops||Hand or Power Tools, Safety Instructions, Product Manuals|
|Republic Services||Bulk Waste removal|
|Habitat ReStore||Kitchen and Laundry Appliances, Cabinets, Doors, Hardware, Furniture, Home Goods, HVAC, Lawn and Garden, Lighting and Electrical, Paint, Plumbing, Tools|
Gently used or new clothing: Gently used shoes, men’s clothing, kids clothing sizes 7/8 to 14/16, Current non-perishable food items; new unopened school supplies
|Metro||Event sponsorship, recycling and waste oversight|
|Green Century Electronics Recycling||
MANY electronics and some appliances. Please click on the link to the left for a complete list.
|Agilyx||Polysterene, including styrofoam. NO PEANUTS, PE, or PP FOAM. (limited to one 8 yard dumpster)|
Please review the Community Clean Up Guide linked at the bottom of the page for more details.
- Hazardous Waste (including: paint, light bulbs, oils, cleaners, fertilizers, etc.)
- Construction, demolition and remodeling debris
- Kitchen garbage
- Residential yard debris and trimmings
- Waste and recycling collected curbside
- Waste prohibited from Metro transfer stations
Year Round Bulk Waste Disposal
There are many opportunities to safely dispose of your bulk waste outside of this event. The links above in the Community Clean Up Donation Guide direct you to our event partners, which we recommend you contact for donations or pickups throughout the year. Further options include the following:
- Oregon residents may recycle up to 7 computers, monitors or TVs for free through Oregon e-cycles.
- In Lake Oswego, participating Oregon E-Cycles dropoff locations are at Far West Fibers (341 Foothills Road, 503-200-5411) and Goodwill Donation Express (401 S. State Street, 503-238-6100).
- Rigid plastics, plastic bags and other plastics that are not accepted in curbside recycling programs can be taken to Far West Fibers (341 Foothills Road, 503-200-5411).
- Hazardous waste can be disposed of safely through Metro.
- Metro has two facilities for hazardous waste: 2001 Washington Street, Oregon City and 6161 NW 61st Ave, Portland.
Refrigerators, Freezers and other Appliances with Freon
- Energy Trust of Oregon will pick up eligible appliances for free and offer a cash incentive of $20 or $40, based on the age of the unit.
- Non-working units can be picked up and disposed of by Republic Services for a fee.
Other Bulky Waste
- Please contact Republic Services (503-636-3011) to arrange a pick up.