To set up your weekly residential or commercial garbage, recycling, and yard debris/composting collection, you need to call Republic Services at 503-636-3011. For service information, visit Republic Service's website.

What goes into my garbage cart?

Anything that cannot be recycled goes into your garbage. If you are unsure whether something can be recycled, put it in the trash. This includes:

  • Frozen food containers (anything "wet strength" is not recyclable)
  • Glassware, ceramics and incandescent only light bulbs (CFLs and LEDs are hazardous waste)
  • Plastic film and bags (these can be taken to any grocery story for recycling)
  • To-go cups and containers
  • Foam
  • Carpet
  • Containers, utensils and other packaging items labeled "compostable" (these cannot go into your green bin)
  • Pet waste
  • Diapers

What do I have to leave out?

The following items are not accepted in your trash cart:

  • Paint (recyclable at Sherwin Williams or Miller Paint)
  • Motor oil
  • Batteries
  • All electronics (free to recycle through Oregon E-Cycles)
  • CFL and LED light bulbs
  • Prescription medications
  • Tires
  • Furniture/Mattresses
  • Yard Debris

The majority of these items are considered to be hazardous waste and need to be taken to the Metro South Transfer Station at 2001 Washington Street, Oregon City.

Large items can be picked up by Republic Services for an additional "bulky waste" hauling fee, based on yardage and special handling needs.