Electric Vehicle Charging
The City has worked with regional partners and state-wide programs to install electric vehicle charging stations in downtown. While most vehicle charging happens primarily at people’s homes or businesses, public charging stations provide convenient charging for people visiting the downtown area.
An excellent resource for finding charging stations anywhere in the country is PlugShare. PlugShare lists Public Stations, High Power Stations, Residential stations being shared, and stations currently in use. Register as a PlugShare member and have access to residential chargers around the country!
Tesla/Level 2 Charging Stations
Tesla, with its local contractor Durst Energy, replaced the old Level 1 charging station on A Avenue with 2 stations: one is a general Clipper Creek Level 2 charging station that can charge any EV, and the other is specifically a Tesla Destination Charger. These were installed at no cost to the City of Lake Oswego and will be maintained by Durst Energy. The charging stations are located outside the Shell gas station. They are free to use, but there is a 2 hour charging limit.
Blink Level 2 Charging Stations
In 2012, the City installed two Level 2 Blink charging stations in the public parking lot located at 500 First Street, which are part of a growing network of EV charging stations in the metro area and Oregon. The charging stations were installed at no-cost to the City as part of the EV Project, a pilot program funded through the U.S. Department of Energy.
Blink Charging Station details:
- Charging time is limited to 2 hours. Demand at these stations can be heavy, so please be considerate of other users.
- Charging rates are $0.39/kWh for Blink members, $0.49/kWh for guests. Blink memberships are free and you can sign up on their website.
- The charging stations do not accept cash or cards. You will need to enter a credit card on the Blink mobile app.
- Please report any errors or charging issues to Jenny Slepian ASAP
- There are over 100 Blink stations around the Portland metro area. Check out the Blink mobile app to find stations where you need them!